Author Topic: Suggestions ?  (Read 1855 times)

semtexv2

• Online Villain
  • Derp
    • View Profile
Suggestions ?
« on: May 24, 2012, 02:43:58 am »
Hey Guys just wondering if anyone had any advice what language to learn First ? c++ ? , asm ? for mod-apping ? if so has anyone got any decent links on where to start to learn that language , how did you guys start off and what was your first language ? just wana get alittle into together on where to start and what's best to learn first ? tbh feel like im walkin on thin ice by the comments i see across the forums  :icon_laugh

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: Suggestions ?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 02:47:13 am »
what was your first language

English.

First programing was ATARI BASIC in the early 1980's.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:36:09 am »
The choice of programming language depends on what you want to do. Sometimes one language has advantages over another. I started out with Pascal and proceeded with Delphi. For GUI-apps I usually use Delphi as it combines rapid development and good performance, so that's what I write most of my mod-apps in. For most other things I use C++, but development time is longer. For mod-apping it's handy to know some ASM as well, but there's no need to write entire Windows applications in it. It, however, gives you total control at the cost of development time.

Programming is learnt through doing. A lot of people try to memorize what they read instead of thinking for themselves. That makes it very hard. You need a good book with exercises and do them all to increase your experience to a level where you can start do things yourself.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 05:36:54 am »
Learn Python...works cross platform.

Learn C (whatever the latest is) for Window based things.

Learn UNIX...all other flavors of Linux will seem the same.

Learn ASM (old style hard coding).
ASM is the birth point of the correct term of the word 'H a c k e r' which was a person "h a c k i n g out ASM code" on a key board all day writing some program...saved on reel-to-reel tape.
Yeah...those days.

Do it in this order and you will be able to do anything you want and learning each step should be much more easy than the one befor.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

semtexv2

• Online Villain
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:18:40 pm »
looks like ill have to put my c++ book down and grab myself a python one , mainly to try make a mod-app
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:24:45 pm by semtexv2 »

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:24:29 pm »
You do not need a book tbh.

Learn basic first ( many many tutorials around for basic ) , it will give you a fundamental idea on how a programme is structured.

Write a trainer using basic WriteprocessMemory

then when you find basic too restrictive you will naturally progress to lower level languages like c and eventually asm.

And ignore what some others say , copy paste if you want to but try and do it less and less as you progress , why reinvent the wheel pal , good luck hope to see you making your own stuff soon.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:29:48 pm by MrMedic »
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

EsseX

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 04:40:43 pm »
Before you can run you have to walk before you can walk you have to crawl.  Learn C before you go to C++.

semtexv2

• Online Villain
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 05:36:25 pm »
Before you can run you have to walk before you can walk you have to crawl.  Learn C before you go to C++.

i thought c was outdated and no use to it and c++ was superior ? but what do i know xD

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 09:52:12 pm »
If you learn C++, you almost know C already, but not the other way around. C is often used to program hardware like microcontrollers.

semtexv2

• Online Villain
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 03:56:07 pm »
any reason not the other way round because im currently reading c++ book and haven't got a c one didn't think c was worth learning as its old and outdated by c++ ?

EsseX

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 04:47:26 pm »
If you want c++ to be easier you want to learn C.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 04:39:39 am »
Well, he doesn't have to learn the OOP directly. C++ is easier than C if he sticks to structured programming, but from that point he can also continue with objects and what not.

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »
Learn basic first ( many many tutorials around for basic ) , it will give you a fundamental idea on how a programme is structured.
then when you find basic too restrictive you will naturally progress to lower level languages like c and eventually asm.
And ignore what some others say , copy paste if you want to but try and do it less and less as you progress , why reinvent the wheel pal , good luck hope to see you making your own stuff soon.

I agree with that.
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 01:59:33 pm »

I agree with that.

I thought you would actually mate , but they probably wont listen which will be their mistake.

they will turn into another 'robot' programmer who can't think outside of the 'box'.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 12:14:07 am »
I thought you would actually mate , but they probably wont listen which will be their mistake.
they will turn into another 'robot' programmer who can't think outside of the 'box'.
Its actually how i learned programming logic.

My problem is i have a hard time thinking inside the box.
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.