Author Topic: im building a web site  (Read 1565 times)

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
  • i love the fact that you hate me.
    • View Profile
    • TKC
im building a web site
« on: February 09, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
im building a web site, kinda for no reason but  :icon_rolleyes2 .
im using wordpress, and was woundering  if anyone knows of good scripts/codes or anything to help my project.
i deloaded a tone of templates and tryed alot out but not getting or seeing what i want.
most of wordpress is based on bloging and its not realy what i want, but it being free for me, im limitted.
any help with any of it would be awsome.
692063616E206C6F616420612070626F6F6E2074686520666C79206C6D616F00

the joke is you!!!!

Berger

• Online Villain
  • strdfu :)
    • View Profile
Re: im building a web site
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:46:47 pm »
most of wordpress is based on bloging and its not realy what i want, but it being free for me, im limitted.
any help with any of it would be awsome.

So if blogging is not what you want, forget about wp....what should be the content of your website...you need DL area, forum, chatbox, etc?

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:28:21 pm »
ive used PHP nuke before with success.
Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 11:55:02 pm »
Use Dreamweaver to lay things out and make buttons.
Use SMF for the forums.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 11:57:29 pm »
Flash makes good banners etc.

Apart from that what zold said. www.cooltext.com for buttons (Button Section).

Theres inbuilt scrolldown bars in dreamweaver and a ton of websites that do backgrounds, already built flash things etc.
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

[TKC]Symantic

• The Central Committee
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 12:46:18 am »
Use Dreamweaver to lay things out and make buttons.
Use SMF for the forums.

I used dreamweaver for my business website, default template and colors. I get compliments all the time on the layout and look of my site and even made a few websites for local business owners as well. I used cooltext logo generator for my company logos and buttons.

Beware of using certain types of text markup languages as sometimes they dont index well with google. Simple HTML will always show up. Dont forget to make a site-map and spam your url everywhere you go. I will never share my business website shit with anyone here as i don't want fkn 3 year old kids thinking its funny as shit to spam my email inbox and call me at two in the morning.

I pretty much only use my website as an informative business card online. you gamers like flashy images and streamline graphics. Where as my demographic wants information and not have to search my site. Home, Contact, Services and a gallery is all i need.

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 03:00:59 am »
yeah this all sounds good , i had a nice waisted day investigatin joomla, ahhhhh... i was told that ill need to be very informed about html, is this true? i wanted to try the dreamweaver but somone told me ill still need more, i have the whole adobe everything, do i need more?

the link below is mine but it does what it needs to but boring.
i wanna sell some shit (not for gaming) and busness or for everything... grrrr, not ploging, im not a fan of it. i have a facebook and dont recall my password, if anything in there get updated it my wife.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:07:52 am by i mss old ofp »

the joke is you!!!!

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 03:23:28 am »
With Dreamweaver you drag and drop...lay it out the way you want it with buttons that change pages...place and size your photo/banners etc..and IT writes the HTML code for you to save and upload to your server.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:35:10 am by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Symantic

• The Central Committee
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 03:38:26 am »
i was told that ill need to be very informed about html, is this true?
Yes and no.
Do you need to be very informed with C++ to make a trainer? no, you can copy/pase write process memory functions, but understanding C++ helps.

Same is with dreamweaver, it does 98% of the HTML for you, and im sure you can do the other 2% in the gui as well, but sometimes its a bitch to change what you want in the GUI and its much easier to just put the code in yourself. Nothing that a few minutes of googling cant help you with.

Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML). its your wanted text with codes around it to display how you want.

If you're going to be selling stuff, having forums and a main page, i would suggest using a package such as PHP Nuke. it has models you can just add and whatnot.

Here is a nice little ecommerce shopping cart i stumbled upon, they say its free though i have not tried it yet.
http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/phpnuke/phpnuke-ecommerce.htm

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 05:55:11 am »
i just d loaded a flash template, this adobe stuff is new to me ... the way z is explaining is cool if it works that way but, i still dont get it. ill test a few things and see what happends, now the big thing is does this load into my linux server the same way wordpress did? i dont want to sound or seam dumb but this is realy not anything i ever done. but it looks so cool im at the point i have to do it.

the joke is you!!!!

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 06:07:53 am »
i just d loaded a flash template, this adobe stuff is new to me ... the way z is explaining is cool if it works that way but, i still dont get it. ill test a few things and see what happends, now the big thing is does this load into my linux server the same way wordpress did? i dont want to sound or seam dumb but this is realy not anything i ever done. but it looks so cool im at the point i have to do it.

With Dreamweaver you have two windows.

You drag and layout each page in one window and re-size any artwork...and ad interactive "click buttons".

You assemble the page as you want people to see and interact with it.

In the 2nd window is the listing of all the compiled HTML code that you can upload to your server.

Build all your pages with Dreamweaver and use SMF for a forum page if you want one.

If you have the photo's and GFX you want to use at hand and a general idea of how you want the site to work....stop start to finish time is about 1 hour and your ready to upload to your chosen host server.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:12:49 am by ZOldDude »

[TKC]Symantic

• The Central Committee
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:21:57 am »
i just d loaded a flash template,
if i remember right the flash template should be in .swf format. you would upload the .swf to the server and might need to add code to use it in your html page. like an embedded swf player.

there should be instructions on it though.

swf doesnt index in google as far as i know.

i was playing around with CMS (content management software) and installed joomla. you can see it at www.IHCR.TK . login with the admin user below. i'll delete everything tomorrow night.
username : TKC
Password : P@$$w0rd01

thats a zero not an o

You can change whatever content you want on joomla. dont fkn do anything stupid to my root. all my root is backed up and thats a default install. it will literally take me 3 minutes to make everything perfect again, all your doing is wasting my time.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:46:32 am by [TKC]Symantic »

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 10:07:27 pm »
i just d loaded a flash template,
if i remember right the flash template should be in .swf format. you would upload the .swf to the server and might need to add code to use it in your html page. like an embedded swf player.

there should be instructions on it though.

swf doesnt index in google as far as i know.

i was playing around with CMS (content management software) and installed joomla. you can see it at www.IHCR.TK . login with the admin user below. i'll delete everything tomorrow night.
username : TKC
Password : P@$$w0rd01

thats a zero not an o

You can change whatever content you want on joomla. dont fkn do anything stupid to my root. all my root is backed up and thats a default install. it will literally take me 3 minutes to make everything perfect again, all your doing is wasting my time.
lol , symantic, .. im 43 not a kid, i woudnt do anything on you web ...but it looks like there tools arnt as bad as i read,
i started messing with dreamveaver and wow, its alot to learn but worth it ... i spent all night watching a learing video.
this web site desingning seems pretty cool, the options in DW are endless and im sure no were near as easy as somothere tools,
like somone told me they made there website with notpad in 15 min, this i find very hard to belive unless they aready had everything set up besides server.  did you ever use DM? i forget if you said yes or no , once i get used to the folder save options ill post what i did , if you have DM you can check it  out... this might take me some time (i realy dont know) i have kids and horses and alot of othere stuff going on.
but im a dedicated typ of guy so i will be working on it , Z was right about point and add but its multible times (1000) depending on what you doing and in all what ever folders you are saving and for what, but my first step is basic temp set to linux server , so each time i make a change it will autmaticly save to server not just to file , my files might get fucked lol....

the joke is you!!!!

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 10:14:45 pm »
@Z i wish it would take me an hour, maybe after i make a few temps,. but also im to much into what i do , so nothing i do is fast. i countinue going back and forth looking at the html and othere panel, i like seeing what is changing (were and what), there alot of options and i know i probley only need 10 of them maybe, but i cant stop clicking lol.....

the joke is you!!!!

[TKC]Symantic

• The Central Committee
  • Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 10:35:29 pm »
lol , symantic, .. im 43 not a kid,
was talking to everyone.

Ive used dreamweaver before, my site is currently a Dreamweaver build.

i still can't make anything as integrated or professional as whats already built by others available to me for free though. work smarter, not harder :)