Author Topic: Mount and Blade : Warband Auto-Blocker  (Read 1323 times)

provenchja1

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Mount and Blade : Warband Auto-Blocker
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:55:30 am »
If someone can make a auto-blocker with a friendly auto-block because for some mod the Thumper auto-block do not work.

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade : Warband Auto-Blocker
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:12:35 am »
The game doesn't detect friendly swings as an attack, so it doesn't register a direction coming towards you.

One workaround could be to try and make every other player register as enemies (ie. make your client think you're on a deathmatch server)... I'll look into that when I have some time
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:27:58 am by thumper »

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade : Warband Auto-Blocker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:38:35 am »
Figured it out, I think.. scan, byte, 0 = first team, 1 = second team, 3 = observer. Just swap between spectate and a team a few times and rescan 0 vs. 2 or 1 vs. 2 (depending on team) and you'll find it.

The list goes down from 0 to X.. so if there is say, one faction and spectate, there is only 0 and 1. If there are say, 10 factions, it's 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...

So then all you need to do *AFTER* you've spawned is change your faction to another (so if you're on team 0, change yourself to the spectator slot using your memory editor). Then your game should see your allies as an opposing team, and your autoblocking should work versus them. I haven't 100% verified it since I don't have PWMod and don't care to download it... lol. This also has the side effect of removing the crests from allies heads, and putting them over whatever team you're 'fake' on. The server still sees you as on your appropriate team, so this isn't like an instant-team swap or anything.

I did notice with a little finagling I was able to once or twice spawn as say, a Rhodok Spearman on the Vaegir's team by changing my faction while I was waiting to respawn, but it was very inconsistent and obviously very detectable if anybody is paying attention.