Author Topic: Warband no-name  (Read 2808 times)

workachev

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Warband no-name
« on: December 13, 2011, 02:47:10 am »
I've seen people with blank names in warband multiplayer and was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell us dumb leeches how to make blank names.
Just send the data you want to send to the server by using either a hooked dll or you could try using a packet sniffer, you dont have to modify your character profile because that will through up as invalid and just get erased.
Remember us leeches are really stupid and need it explained to us in layman's terms, if you would release this .dll that does the job, that would be great, thanks.

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Warband no-name
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:53:21 am »
Can do it with WPE Pro, I don't remember the specifics because it's been a while but it's not difficult if you learn WPE Pro. Record packets while you're joining a server, then modify the packet that sends your name and join a new server. If somebody wants to write up a step by step tutorial on how to use WPE Pro, feel free... but you can google it if nobody wants to.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 05:43:26 am »
Somebody did a YouTube video on how to use it for ARMA/ARMA2...I think it was "i mss old ofp" but my memory has become foggy due to pre-Xmas 'cheer'.

EDIT:
May have been "deezinyamouf"...as I recall that I liked the way he talked (language the average person could understand).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:06:18 pm by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 05:58:16 am »
One of the TKC Staff also has a write up as a STICKY:
http://tkc-community.net/forum/index.php?topic=9387.0

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

DragonEmi

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 01:17:31 pm »
it is a simplest mod to have noname
if someone want pm me

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 08:36:16 am »
I think I did it with memory editing too... Just make your name something very distinct and then search for it at the server selection screen and change it. I think that works unless they patched it, doubtful, they seem to have almost no anti-cheat staff...

thumper

• "Astro-Noob"
  • Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 12:16:12 am »
Just tested it with Cheat Engine, it works.

Make your name something distinct (that is unlikely to show up anywhere else in the game's memory). Search for that value with text, find it, replace the string with spaces. (So if it's 5 letters, replace it with 5 spaces)

You can also use this to add illegal chars to your names, like | and } etc.

Warning tho, if an admin sees you on with illegal chars or no name, you might get banned.. since you're not supposed to be able to do that and it's obviously a hack.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 02:22:53 am »
Obviously. 

Check.

:icon_thumbsup

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 02:31:10 am »
I think I did it with memory editing too... Just make your name something very distinct and then search for it at the server selection screen and change it. I think that works unless they patched it, doubtful, they seem to have almost no anti-cheat staff...
Have a buddy verify it. more than likely your changing your name in the clients memory. Others may still see your name, while it has been changed to you.

want a good example of this, change the value of a money address in a mmorpg. same thing.

two things you need to know the difference between, server side and client side variables.

i haven't even installed any arma. but i could tell you that when you join a server it sends information about yourself to the server, such as name, rank, stats, unlocked guns w/e however the game works.

your method is trying to take the name out of the server once you joined, where you should be looking to keep your name out of the server altogether.

good luck.

Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

DragonEmi

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 11:43:30 am »
i know a simple method but how can i post something and just the registered users to see it?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 08:43:40 pm »
Use the "additional options" button.

DragonEmi

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »
so if you want to have noname:
1.search in your computer for the file "profiles.dat"
2.download the file from the link
3.replace the file profiles.dat with the downloaded one(WARNING!!this will delet all of you characters,but you can make new ones)
4.Enjoy your noname character

here is the link http://tkc-community.net/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=208
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:51:03 pm by DragonEmi »